Brow Tint by Melanie Marris
- Used in conjunction with the Brow Code Brow System.
- Richly pigmented brow tints with a slight skin stain lasting up to one week and up to four to six weeks on the brow hair.
CONSULT AND TEST PATCH FIRST
Before Brow Tinting:
1. Remove all eye makeup before tinting the eyebrows using our latest technology in Micellar Eye Makeup Remover
2. In order to achieve the optimum tinting results, the eyebrows should be dry and free of all oils and sebum as this can create a barrier against all Brow Code Tints and it will not adhere to the surface layer of the skin or the hair.
Preparation of tint:
Immediately before tinting mix equal parts of Brow Tint and Cream or Liquid Oxidant into a creamy paste using the enclosed application stick. The mixing ratio is 1:1 / equal parts (Generally 4 drops of Cream or Liquid Oxidant is enough to make an even paste)
1. When the customer has closed the eyes, apply the tint to the eyebrows using the application stick until they are completely covered in tint.
2. Ensure the tint is directly placed in the shape you are wanting to achieve as it can slightly stain the skin.
3. Application times vary depending on the customer, desired intensity and results achieved between 5 – 12min. The longer you leave it, the darker it will become.
Brow Code Tint Shades:
All shades of Brow Code Brow Tint can be mixed together to create a variation of colours:
- Black – Tints any hair colour pure black
- Graphite - Covers stubborn grey/white hairs & can be added to change the depth of colour.
- Dark Brown – Very dark and well concealing brown
- Light Brown – Ideal when applied on light blonde to light brown hair
- Blue Black – The blue lustre enhances colour depth * ideal for eyelash tint only*
Cleansing the eyebrows:
1. At the end of the application time, remove excess tint with a dry cotton ball. Then proceed to remove excess tint in the areas that you want lighter by gently using the Micellar Water making sure no pigment is left outside of the brow. You can gently remove excess over the brow with the Micellar water.
2. If the tint STAINS the skin in areas you want to remove at the end of the treatment, quickly and gently using the Brow Code Tint Remover (You must not use the Tint Remover directly on the eyelashes, eyebrows or on the skin around the eyes as this can cause serious irritation)
You can also use Brow Code on the eyelashes:
Black & Blue Black
1. Remove any contact lenses and remove two eye protection papers
2. Put some skin protection cream on the customers lower lid and underside of the eye protection papers
3. Press one of the eyelash protection papers right up under the eyelashes of each eye to ensure that no tint touches the skin
4. Please use the application stick to apply the tint until lashes are covered.
5. Application times vary 5-12 minutes depending on the desired intensity and results.
Cleansing the lashes:
1. After the application time, remove the eyelash protection papers carefully and remove access tint using a dry cotton ball.
2. Finally remove any remaining tint with Micellar Water and cotton wool. The customer's eyes should remain closed until cleansing has been completed.
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY: Hair colourants can cause severe allergic reactions. Read and follow instructions. This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Temporary ‘black henna’ tattoos may increase your risk of allergy. Do not colour your hair if you have a rash on your face, sensitive irritated and damaged scalp or any skin contraindications that can cause severe repercussions. If you have ever experienced any reaction after colouring your hair or experienced a reaction to a temporary black henna tattoo this is also not recommended the past. Wear suitable gloves. Brow Code Color contains Toluenediamines.
ALLERGIES: There are a small number of individuals who show an allergic reaction to hair colors. In very rare cases this reaction may be severe. In order to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction it is important to carry out a skin sensitivity test. This skin sensitivity test must be carried out 48 hours before each new client application to ascertain if there is an allergy or sensitivity against the product or if such has emerged since the last application. In exceptional cases irritations can occur only after 72 hours. If you know that hypersensitivity could be on hand, leave the mixture for 72 hours on the skin. Instructions: Mix 1cm of Brow Code Tint with 1 cm of Oxidant 3% liquid or crème . Apply a small amount to a small area on the inner bend of the elbow or behind the ear. Allow to dry and leave uncovered for 48 to 72 hours, then clean thoroughly. If any irritation occurs during this time do not carry out the treatment.
For Professional use only. This product can cause severe allergic reactions. Read and follow instructions. This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Temporary black henna tattoos may increase your risk of allergy. Eyelashes should not be coloured if the consumer – has a rash on the face or sensitive irritated damaged scalp, - has ever experienced any reaction after colouring hair or eyelashes hair, - has experienced a reaction to a temporary black henna tattoo in the past. Rinse eyes immediately if product comes into contact with them. Wear suitable gloves. Brow Code Tints contains phenylendiamines ( Toluylendiamines ) ( Resorcinol).
WANT TO LEARN THE SECRET MELANIE MARRIS BROW TINTING METHOD?
The Virtual Masterclass Series 1 - Tinting is available to purchase here.
You will be taken through an in-depth virtual class where Melanie shares all of her tips and secrets to achieve the perfect brow tint.