Indus Valley Henna Powder
Specially formulated with botanical ingredients and extracts, the Brow Code Indus Valley Henna is sourced from the finest Henna plantations in addition with carefully selected herbal extracts and essential oils to provide a longer-lasting, vibrant Henna tint. Ammonia Free, Natural Powder.
Each Henna tube contains 50 measured capsules (125mg) with each capsule representing the correct measurement for one treatment. The handy capsule measurement prevents messy product wastage.
For professionals only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.
Guide to using the Indus Valley Brow Code Henna
STEP 1: Test Patch
Always test patch first-time Henna clients. It is safest to test for an allergy 48 hours prior to treatment. Apply a dot of Henna to the inner wrist, remove after 15 minutes. If there is no reaction occurring, you are safe to use our Henna on your clients. Please note: Reactions can occur or build up at any time. Please always still continue to ask your client during each treatment if the skin feels ok.
STEP 2: Consult
Spend 3 minutes of your treatment time to explain the Henna process to your clients and thoroughly go through the clients desired results. It is important to be on the same page with your client and to ensure they understand what their result is going to be.
STEP 3: Shape
Shape the brow using Brow Code's Design & Define Hot Wax to ensure the brow is set in a sleek and defined style and that all baby hairs are removed.
STEP 4: Colour Selection
Brow Code x Indus Valley Henna is available in various shades. Take a good look at which color suits your customer, and discuss their wishes in depth. It is difficult to determine in advance how a color will develop and is dependent on skin type. For that reason, it’s better not to go too dark the first time. Repeat the process rather than having an upset customer who finds their eyebrows too dark. You can slightly soften the color with the Brow Code Tint Remover. But remember that Brow Henna has been developed for a long-lasting result that does not brush it off easily.
A PATCH TEST MUST BE PERFORMED 24-48 HOURS PRIOR TO USE
Twist and pull open and mix one capsule of Brow Code Henna colour with 10-12 drops of the Rose Water in your mixing dish. Break up any spherical circles that may be present with the brush. Set the mixture aside for 5-10 mins to allow the henna powder to form a smooth paste. NOTE: You can also create custom shades by mixing colours.
Cleanse the brows using the Brow Conditioning Cleanser. For oily skin types or when removing heavy makeup, work your fingertips in a circular motion to deeply cleanse the brow hairs and surrounding skin. Remove with a dry cotton round.
Gently exfoliate the brow area using the Brow Scrub. The fruit enzyme exfoliant is essential to remove any build-up of dead skin cells & allows the henna to create a more even and longer-lasting stain. Remove all traces from skin and brows using a damp cotton round.
Once brows are dry, carefully apply the first layer of henna to one brow at a time in order to create the desired shape. Follow with the second brow. Apply your second layer to each brow and keep the area moist by applying small amounts of henna paste or Rose Water to the brow, which allows the Henna to continue to develop during this time. For a deeper stain, apply a third layer. Total developing time is 15-25 mins.
Remove the henna by soaking each brow with a dampened cotton round using water. Soak each brow until the henna becomes a paste again & wipe away the excess henna from the inner eye to the outer eye. Be sure not to scrub back and forth.
Treat the brows by gently massaging Brow Gold Oil into the brow hairs and the skin. The Brow Gold helps to lock in the colour for a longer-lasting stain whilst adding extra nourishment and shine to each hair, creating fuller, healthier brows. Use this opportunity to retail Brow Gold to your client.
Henna Before & Aftercare
Available to download and print from within the 'Trade Resources' Portal HERE
- All patch tests must be performed 48 hours prior to henna application.
- Ensure the brow area has been thoroughly cleansed and scrubbed prior to henna application. This will assist with a longer-lasting stain on the skin.
- There must be no sunless tan/self-tanners used on the skin prior to Brow Henna application. This will turn the henna a green or yellow shade.
- Do not undertake this treatment alongside Lamination for 48 hours.
- Do not apply Retin-A, AHA around the brow area for 72 hours either side of the treatment.
- Avoid heat treatments for at least 24 hours post-application.
- Keep the brow area dry and free of any products for 24 hours after application.
- Do not apply brow makeup for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid sunbathing and sun exposure for 24 hours to lessen the chance of the Henna fading.
- Avoid swimming/saunas/sweating for at least 24 hours post-application.
- Do not exfoliate or rub the brow area post application as this will cause the Henna to fade quicker.
- Apply Brow Code Brow Growth Oil daily to keep brows nourished & healthy.